SEEKING GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN
Van der Pop is a lifestyle brand that designs high-end accessories to store, smoke and share cannabis. The cannabis industry is lacking sophisticated products for female connoisseurs. Current solutions are dominated by products inspired by gadgets and intended for the male consumer. Little of today’s cannabis-related merchandise reflects a woman’s style or speaks to needs specific to women and how cannabis addresses these needs in a uniquely positive way. At the intersection of fashion and fun, our products (including stash jars, lockable stash bags, grinder cards and rolling papers) allow those seeking high-minded experiences to store and share "recreational unmentionables" in a sleek, discreet manner. We are all about education and style. Through thoughtful design, our brand is changing the perception of high jinks.
Want to be on the team? This company is a true start-up and its founder is a successful entrepreneur poised for another innovative enterprise. We need a kick-ass intern who is organized, responsive, and eager to learn. This graphic design internship is ideal for someone who is interested in furthering his or her education and experience in the world of branding and marketing. We want you to be a part of a new lifestyle brand, committed to sharing its core values with customers. We’ll provide the opportunity to gain essential on-the-job experience in brand-centric marketing.
The graphic design intern will play an active role in the development of Van der Pop’s graphic content. They are interested in brand building and understand that following brand guidelines is important when designing new material. Candidates must possess a creative mind, with prior successes in driving the creative process. Because they have a fine eye for design and a focus on elegant work, they take initiative to get involved in all areas of the business, producing content with a consistent, reliable look and feel. Van der Pop values our interns for their strong design sensibility and promotes their professional development during the term. During this internship, you'll learn to meet daily, weekly, and long-term deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
There’s a huge bonus if you love using your creativity to support marketing efforts.
We also need you to be totally engaged in culture - music, fashion, art - because this informs the content we create to share with our audience.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design promotional print and web materials for programs and activities
- Design monthly newsletter and automated newsletters through Mailchimp
- Work with brand guidelines and logos to develop promotional / marketing material
- Assist bringing marketing plans to life
- Communicate with staff regarding design and promotional needs
- Update existing collateral material
- Proof materials for accuracy including price checking prior to printing
- Work with team members to problem solve and develop solutions for marketing challenges
- Looking for design major
- Proficient skill using Adobe Creative Suite 5, including Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Experience with Mailchimp
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and to anticipate next steps or needs
- Great verbal communication
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Use of a computer and access to graphic design and layout software is required
- Enthusiasm for the design process and attentiveness to different project goals
- Available to work 10-15 hours a week, depending on workflow
We are looking for those with skills in:
Graphic Design, Layout Skills, Creative Services, Customer Focus, Creativity, Flexibility, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Desktop Publishing Tools